View Single Post
Old 09-27-2007, 09:33 PM   #5
(female)

Michelle1982 HB User
Re: I finally saw Pain Mgt Doc

Hi Michelle1,

Thanks for the advice about the Neurontin. A lot has happened since I last posted. I actually went back to the first doc I saw, the one that put my cast on and said I shouldnt be in pain after he took it off. Well, I have been waiting around for all these docs to tell me to do something, and nothing has been happening. I went to this one on Tues, and he agreed that it was RSD, and that the docs I've seen was the right path. So he told me we need to treat it aggressively. I need to be walking on it no matter how much pain I'm in. He shot me right up to 300 mg 3 times a day for the neurontin, and said I could go up to 600 mg if that wasnt doing much by calling. He prescribed the Lidocaine patches (which dont do much, I dont really like them). Then he put me in phys therapy 3 times a week for 4 weeks. He said he doesnt want it going up my leg, and that I was going to be in a LOT of pain but I can get through it.

Doesnt it figure, the one I didnt want to see anymore is helping me the most now. I just wanted to go back and prove him wrong and he ended up agreeing!! I have been in SO much pain the past couple days, but I am doing everything they are telling me. I did find out, however, that they are going to process me out of the Army. All the docs have told me that although I may get better and function ok, I'll never be ok enough to make it through basic training. This has crushed me, but everything happens for a reason right? I'm not meant to be there.

The meds have made me sick to my stomach, but luckily I'm not as tired as I could be. I'm going on my 3rd week taking them. Anyways, just wanted to let you know. Hope all is ok with everyone and not in too much pain!!

Michelle2