View Single Post
Old 09-28-2007, 09:15 AM   #7
Senior Veteran
(female)

feelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB User
Re: ankle injury getting worse - familiar?

hey,no problem just glad to be of some help to you with something.the one thing in dealing with WC is to KNOW YOUR RIGHTS.defintiely.knowing what to expect from them as far as help and what they are supposed to do for you is really huge in getting your needs met thru them.you really do need that ortho consult.and of course at some point the MRI.i would really push for these two things to be granted as this will help you the most.you have to chose your battles with these people sometimes then advocate for yourself to make certain you get what you need.as you can probably tell,i went thru this before only with blown ligaments in my finger.that one seemingly tiny injury was a nightmare to deal with.you should(if your WC is anything like here)be getting a WC caseworker to help you deal with all the paper work and all the other crap you may have to deal with.just make sure to follow up on anything they tell you you need to do from here on out,K?perhaps actually getting in to see an ortho first would be beneficial in obtaining that MRI?if the order comes directly from a surgeon its a bit better for you.if i were you,i would really be pushing the ortho consult at this point,then hopefully the MRI will just naturally follow,you know what i mean?like i said,pick your battles then stay on it.i wish you lots of luck with this and hopefully the ankle will resolve on its own at some point.i know with my ankle sprain,it seemed like it took about at least nine months to a year before i could really 'use it' like my other one.please let me know how things are going,K? take care, FB