View Single Post
Old 10-01-2007, 09:54 AM   #8
(male)

huckfinn HB User
Re: Hypertensive and atherosclerotic effects on blood vessels

Flowergirl

What an interesting thread or topic, and yes I agree with you that it is not considered enough on the board.

I have advanced arteriosclerosis and small vessel disease (SVD). Without beta blockers and other meds my BP would be extremely high. I know because I stopped bbs, the only BP med that I was taking years ago and my BP went to 180/120. This probably was an artificially high reading caused by my autonomic system trying to adjust to being without the beta blocker. I really will never know.

One thing that I would like to add is that many times arteriosclerosis is first found during an eye exam by an ophthalmologist or an optometrist. The tiny arteries supplying the retina(s) appear diseased. I was told this probably 18 years ago.

I read an article the other day that these eye exams showing diseased arteries, in the future, will be reported to your family doctor, so that you may be referred to a cardiologist. Sounds logical to me and probably Spock, lol.

I owe you a huge apology!!! I just read a post (made in August) on the heart disorder board where you posted to me and I failed to see it until today. The post lifted my spirits so high. I thank you soooo much

Have yourself a great day,

Andy