View Single Post
Old 10-12-2007, 08:11 PM   #6
Facilitator
(male)

Phoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB User
Re: I quit quitting. I have accepted the fact that I will always be a pill junkie.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilovejoaquim View Post
I don't want to talk to my primary doctor about my addiction and i'm scared to go to detox because my family doesn't know my secret and I have just started my new full time job.

My mother brings me to work everyday so she's my only source and like I said, she doesn't know my addiction.
I'm scared.
Today I dove into the deep end of the pool. I took so much oxy's and perc's today that i'm actually feeling naucious.
Dear I,

I would like you to read the excerpts to your quotes above.

Now please pay attention to the last sentence.

The way things are going, sooner or later someone is going to catch on, if they don't already have an inkling that something is afoot.

Your primary is already aware that the meds you are currently taking can be addictive, so it wouldn't really surprise the physician to hear your situation.

I am not making light of it, just informing you.

It may boil down to your work performance suffering due to your physical discomfort and better that you get on top of it now before the supervisor or one of your co-workers finds out.

Is "mom" the comforting and understanding type?

It takes courage, will and determination to confront those that are closest to helping.

Please take care of yourself.

I know that it's not easy but we do truly understand.

Take care and God Bless.

Phoenix