View Single Post
Old 10-13-2007, 02:16 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(male)

pendulum HB Userpendulum HB Userpendulum HB Userpendulum HB Userpendulum HB Userpendulum HB Userpendulum HB Userpendulum HB Userpendulum HB Userpendulum HB Userpendulum HB User
Re: Broken up but still very in love

Quote:
Originally Posted by ICF View Post

I basically want to ask peoples opinions on wether it's a good idea to stay friends with the ex or not. Obviously the feelings wont shut off straight away but will they ever if we stay friends?
Although I have clipped it, I have read the background information. My impression is that you are a young person and will eventually change into someone more stable, realistic and ... patient.

As for your question. Well, yes, why not? If the friendship is genuine between the two of you, why not allow it? It may be a bit of a challenge for you in the beginning, but the important thing is for you to realize that people, things and feelings (in a word: everything) do change over time. Don't try to make him your only friend in the world. Open yourself to other people and experiences, and use what you have learned with him to make your new relationships more balanced.

You will get over this, but... (I am wondering if I should add this or not) if your destiny is to stay together as a couple, I guess time will solve this riddle for you.

Best of luck.