View Single Post
Old 10-13-2007, 03:47 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

Kszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB User
Re: Broken up but still very in love

I'm in exactly the same situation. I was friends with my ex bf for over 11 years before we started dating. We just broke up very recently. I want to stay friends with him, because we had such a great friendship, but he told me he's not sure yet and it's too soon to decide. So I told him to take some time. It wasn't really my idea to break it off. But he has a lot of issues and needs to figure out his life before he can be effective in a relationship.

Anyway, I think it's possible to stay friends with an ex, but I do think that you have to give it some time first. I don't think you should push the issue or expect to regain the friendship right away. I think the best thing you should do, which is what I'm doing, is just give him some space and let him cool off a bit with the whole breakup thing, and then resume the friendship after some time has passed. That's what I think you should do. That's what I'm going to do.