View Single Post
Old 10-16-2007, 07:07 AM   #1
(female)

Angela1977 HB User
Headaches on left side of head - Occipital Neuralgia??

Hi,
For the past few months or so, I've had headaches on the left side of my head. Most of the time I feel a sort of jabbing pain or throbbing on the left side for a few seconds and then it goes away. This happens throughout the day and is no worse at any time of the day. There have been some days where I don't feel the throbbing at all. Most of the time, the headache I feel is the occasional jab, but I also may have dull headaches on the left side lasting a few hours. It is not interfering too much with my life, but it is enough to concern me because it is only occurring on one side. There have been a couple times in the past few months when it is more than a dull headache...and was throbbing for an extended amount of time during the day. I also have a pain in the upper left side of my neck. When I rotate my head, it is hard to rotate it to that side because it is very sore. A couple weeks before the headaches started, I tripped and hit the left side of my head on a table...it was hard enough to give me a bump on the left side and it hurt for a couple days. But the headaches didn't start for a week or two after that. I was doing some research and it almost sounds like I have Occipital Neuralgia. I did see my doctor who said it sounds muscular, but that I can get an MRI to see if we can figure out what is causing the headaches. I'm wondering if I should try to see a chiropractor too. If any of you are experiencing the same symptoms, could you please reply to this post and let me know? I would appreciate it!

Angela

Last edited by Angela1977; 10-16-2007 at 07:09 AM.