View Single Post
Old 10-17-2007, 02:08 AM   #3
Facilitator
(female)

Seraph HB UserSeraph HB UserSeraph HB UserSeraph HB UserSeraph HB UserSeraph HB UserSeraph HB UserSeraph HB UserSeraph HB UserSeraph HB UserSeraph HB User
Re: International travel with an infant? Need a lot of advice.

A couple of points..Yes, the night flight sounds good, and you must also consider yourself and your own rest. The problems may be at the other end with the strange surroundings, etc, and you will need to be able to cope. I have travelled with babies, and I have found that on a long flight they are often quite soothed by the engine noise/vibrations, and sleep for quite long periods anyway. The worst times are the takeoff and landing when you have to restrain them and their ears may block up and they can get quite upset. Jet lag is not really an issue for babies, as they can gradually have their sleep times adjusted. You may have a wide-awake baby earlier than you want tho. I agree with the poster about buying stuff when you get there. You will have to carry enough just for the trip without humping along a lot of other stuff. Just think about it, to you it is an big deal, to the baby it is just a couple of rearranged naptimes. Good luck, Sera