View Single Post
Old 10-19-2007, 01:23 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

AlexaIn2006 HB UserAlexaIn2006 HB UserAlexaIn2006 HB User
Re: International travel with an infant? Need a lot of advice.

Can she sleep with you while you are in France? Maybe to help save lugging a pack and play. Sometimes hotels can provide a crib too, call ahead and ask. Hopefully you have a stroller travel system. You can pop her carseat onto the stroller and when you board the plane check the stroller at the door. Bring your formula, and plenty of diapers, but hopefully you can buy more there. I would bring essentials, but no overdo it. I travel with my husband for work and I bring a small stroller and she sleeps with us in bed. I bring 1 or 2 toys because usually we are out and about or she is happy running around the hotel room. I flew with my daughter a few weeks after she turned one and it was one way because we moved across the country and I made it okay, she only cried for 5-8 minutes while waiting to take off from Las Vegas and I heard someone complaining behind me. She flew all day and that was the one time she was upset, but it was because she was tired. Now she is 18 months and more active and I am scared to fly with her, afraid she will throw a fit, etc.