Thread: More Drugs!!
View Single Post
Old 10-20-2007, 12:51 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

BrittleBones HB UserBrittleBones HB UserBrittleBones HB UserBrittleBones HB UserBrittleBones HB User
Re: More Drugs!!

Hi Fred, as someone who suffers from rheumatoid arthritis WITHOUT the tell-tale swelling of joints and xrays that look normal, I can tell you that the sulfasalazine worked wonders for my disease ....but only for about 18 months. That's when it stopped working altoghether. The drug you are taking was originally (and still is I think) a drug used to treat malaria. It actually has an impact on the disease itself, not just something like an anti-inflammatory drug. It will take awhile for it to start working, and you should have been sent for an eye exam before you started this drug, but once it gets into your system, I hope it will work for you as it did for me. You have to be careful while you are on this drug to get to your eye doctor about every 6 to 12 mnths so that he can test you for an eye-related abnormality which can occur while on this drug. Other than that, I don't remember to many adverse issues. Good luck and I hope you get some relief! Memere (Ka'Mac)