View Single Post
Old 10-24-2007, 10:13 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

Fabrashamx HB User
Cool Re: incident at a major international airport

Hi Friendly formerly known as ksqueen!

I am so sorry that happened to you at the airport, they should have been much much more discreet, I have also heard about never checking prescription meds and carry mine on.

I'm also a big fan of Halloween and all things spooky and I am jealous that you got to see Salem! very cool. I have a sign in my driveway that says 'Witches Parking Only, All Others Will Be Toad'. Heh.

When DH and I took the kids to Los Angeles to do the disneyland hollywood thing, I had a backpack type purse with all my meds in it, and I was just waiting for them to freak and make me show ID. I had a note from my doctor, a printout from the pharmacy, everything in the original bottles. I was ready.

Sure enough, they flag my bag and pull me off to the side. The funny part? They didnt even bat an eye at my meds, It was my sons game boys! It was right when a new model came out, and I guess they looked very sinister on the x-ray, lol.

Your husband sounds like a great guy, I'm glad everything worked out, but if I were you, I would lodge a written complaint with the airport security management about respecting your privacy, not to mention your personal safety, people hearing you have those kinds of meds could easily try and follow you and rob you.

Happy Halloween!~Fabby