View Single Post
Old 10-28-2007, 12:51 PM   #4
(female)

MichiganLymie HB User
Re: fibromyalgia and tooth pain

SmithP68 - I agree with Ticker. I too am on the Lyme Healthboards and want to let you know that one of my first Lyme Disease symptoms was tooth pain. All my left molars - top and bottom hurt and still do from time to time even though I have been treated for Lyme. Lyme gets into the teeth and are hard to eradicate. Evidently I had TMJ for some time but never had pain until Lyme Disease. If you think there is any chance you have Lyme make sure you see only a Lyme Literate Medical Dr. Go on the Lyme Disease Assn. website and go to the Dr. referral section to find a physician in your area.

Also, I am not sure if you realize that some muscles can refer pain to the teeth. (Lyme really affects the muscles). The masseter can refer pain to the upper and lower teeth. The medial pterygoid muscle can refer pain to the back of the mouth, hard palate and tongue. The "Trigger Point Therapy Workbook" by Clair Davies, NCTMB has helped me immensely. I found a chiropracter that I see weekly and she works on these trigger points.

I hope this has helped you. Please let me know if you have any questions.