View Single Post
Old 11-14-2007, 12:17 PM   #4
(female)

TopamaxKillsMe HB User
Re: Totally worn out, and worn down

I understand. I am not the only child but I may as well be. I moved to Florida to care for my mom who has Multiple Myeloma. Unfortunately, I must work so I can pay my bills so I am temping. Mom has been very sick lately as her disease has become suddenly active. I feel exhausted, depressed, have brain funk (I have epilepsy which doesn't help matters). Sometimes I dream about getting in my car and driving out of here but I would never do that to my mother. I think it's normal to be frustrated, especially when you're basically on your own. My mother also has her moods. Her vision has deteriorated so she is frustrated about that. She is also depressed about my siblings and their seeming lack of concern for her. Sometimes I feel as if I do my best but nothing is good enough. As much as I miss California (where i moved here from), I know in my heart that I'm doing the right thing. I don't want what's left of my mother's life to be misery and sadness re: her children's lack of concern. At least I want to know that I did all I could. It's very hard, I understand.