View Single Post
Old 12-03-2007, 10:39 AM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

ASDGRMama HB User
Upper right abdominal pain...need some input

Last night I ate a normal dinner. When I went to bed I had some mild upper abdominal pain (more of a dull ache) so I took some Tums. Within a short time I had a lot of gas and bloating (the bloating felt high up...not intestinal).

I woke up a few times in the night feeling pain and slight nausea. When I got up this morning the pain increased for a few hours and now it's staying about the same. The flatulence is gone but I have a lot of belching. My neck, right shoulder, and shoulder blade hurt now too. The area just below my rib cage on the right side is firm and hurts to touch. I can breathe normally but it hurts to take a deep breath. Leaning forward eases the pain...reclining or laying down increases my symptoms. I do not have a fever or any other signs of illness.

I got a glass of OJ to see if it would help but it increased the pain. I haven't tried eating anything yet because I'm afraid it will make it worse. I took more Tums a little bit ago to see if it would help but it hasn't (the OJ and tums seem to increase the belching).

The pain is tolerable I would say a 2 or 3 on a 1-10 scale when I'm sitting. When I stand it's a 4 (walking increases the pain even more so I kind of hunch over to relieve it).

So anyway, I'm wondering if I should try to eat something or not (I'm not hungry and even feel a little nauseous when I'm standing).

When I did an online search it sounded to me like gall bladder symptoms. What do you think?

If any of this helps: I'm a 31 y/o female, I had my 6th baby 7 months ago, and I have hypothyroidism (although that's under control with meds).

Thanks.

Kelly