View Single Post
Old 12-03-2007, 08:10 PM   #3
nicholejasch HB User
Re: Help Questions about Kemo for breast cancer?

I appreciate all your info. Glad to hear kemo is over for you. This has been such a crazy 30 days with all the tests, and everything else, I am like wow this is only going to get worse before it gets better. I am going to stay strong and not let this beat me. I just want to feel normal through this process and I dont want people to look at me like im sick and different. I do have a lot of support so thats a good thing. Did you cut your hair beforehand. They keep telling me to do that so I dont get shocked with it all falling out. My hair is long and thick and I dont want to sound like thats my only worry but I am really nervous to loose it all. Any suggestions on how to cope better with that?

Originally Posted by JOJO39 View Post
So sorry to hear you are going through this at such a young age. But stay positive, you will be ok. I had A/C 4 treatments and taxol for 4 treatments. Every other week. They give you anti-nausea meds so I never got sick. Some of the meds have side effects. I also got chemo on Friday, then by Monday I didn't feel so great. That would usually last a few days. Then the next week I felt good. I did work through the whole thing but took some bad days off. Around day 15 my hair started falling out. I never lost my eyebrows or eyelashes until chemo was all over, but they grew back fast. I did lose my underarm hair and leg hair also. But actually on the bright side, taking a shower was so quick. Chemo ended in August and all my hair is back now. So back to shaving again. I got a lot of heartburn from the anti nausea meds, bone pain from the nuelasta shot. My head was so foggy, I never lost my appetite though. Any questions you have please ask. There are so many nice people on this board. Stay strong, my prayers are with you.