View Single Post
Old 12-06-2007, 09:52 AM   #6
Inactive
(female)

April7 HB User
Re: Upper right abdominal pain...need some input

Yes, it is likely to recur. They say that if it happens once, it is very likely going to happen again. I truly, truly think you should still see your doc and at least have an ultrasound to see if you have stones. You may feel fine now, but if you do have some stones in there, if a stone gets stuck you could come down with accute pancreatitis and jaundice very quickly. It happened to a woman I know. She ignored her first few attacks not thinking they were that serious, and then all of a sudden a few months later she wound up at the ER with a classic gallbladder attack that was awful. She had stones, and she had pancreatitis and was on IV antibiotics for 4 days before they could do surgery to remove the gb.

I'm in no way saying this can happen to you or will happen to you, but there is always that risk if you did indeed have gall stones. If you have insurance it would simply seem worth your while to have an exam to be sure you're ok. I am, by nature, a nervous-ninny when it comes to this stuff, but I don't think I'm overreacting here on this issue.

Good luck.