View Single Post
Old 12-17-2007, 09:40 PM   #3
(male)

tomprime HB User
Re: Testicle size and shape

Quote:
Originally Posted by janewhite1
A little bit of asymmetry is ok.
That's good to know, though not entirely comforting. It's hard to be sure how much asymmetry still qualifies as "a little bit". I guess I'm only a little asymmetric, but when I look at myself in the mirror I certainly do not look symmetric, and I don't feel symmetric. If only a little bit of asymmetry means that I'm symmetric at first glance, then I've got more asymmetry than that.

Quote:
If one of them is 3 times the size of the other, that would be cause for concern, but I doubt that's the case.
Okay, that's a relief. They are nowhere near that. It's hard to be exact, but my right one is at most twice the size of my left.

Quote:
And, yes, they are supposed to be sensitive if pressed on hard. Getting hit there is only funny on TV.
Oh, I certainly know that. I've played soccer with my friends enough to get kicked there many times. When that happens, the game is over for me. I'm on the sidelines holding my stomach for minutes and even when it stops hurting, I'm not in the mood to play anymore after that.

So yes, I'm aware that getting hit there is not funny!

Quote:
Young men should make a habit of periodically examining their testicles by sight and touch, checking for sudden changes that could signal testicular cancer or another illness. Good for you, for doing it.
Thanks for the vote of support! But I'm concerned by the thought of other illnesses. I'm pretty sure I don't have cancer because I would expect them to be more lumpy, but what are these other illnesses you mention? I've never had sex so I couldn't have an STD.