View Single Post
Old 12-19-2007, 06:17 AM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

Sannah HB UserSannah HB User
Re: Good News - Long Wait

Hi Trg, I pulled up this thread so that I could reply to your long thread that was closed. I have been away for a few days because I have been so darn busy! What I wanted to comment on from your other thread - I don't think that you can totally count on anyone but yourself. I think that you can get help from others and enjoy them but in the end you only really have yourself to depend on totally. I think that everyone has to be responsible for him or herself when it comes right down to it. We can depend on others to a point, though.

I think that it is great that you are exploring your feelings etc. with the nurse. I also think that it is okay that you feel 13 doing this. You have to start somewhere for heavens sake. I remember having to start somewhere too. You will only progress from there and this is very good.

About you feeling bad about your son worrying about you etc. - My theory is that children can tolerate any situation as long as they are communicating with a loving parent. He will be fine. My youngest daughter has been all worried about my husband's back. The day after he had surgery she cried in my arms for ten minutes until I finally figured out that she needed some explanation about the situation. Once we talked about it she was fine. Her letter to Santa started out by her talking about her dad and how worried she is about him. Only after that did she ask for one thing. I did cry when I read this but she will be fine.

When you wrote that you can't believe that you aren't better before now and how this upsets you. I think that you have finally found your path for the way out now and this is why nothing got better before.

Oh and by the way, I am happy for you concerning the subject on this thread. I couldn't reply to it previously.