View Single Post
Old 12-30-2007, 05:32 PM   #1
(female)

chestersmom HB User
Energy level up - ability to sleep down

Hi everyone, Haven't posted in a while as I was waiting for some improvement in energy levels due to the change of Synthroid from 88 to 125. It's been about four months now and I was beginning to think I wasn't going to see any change but for the past few weeks my energy level has been soooo much better. When my TSH was 23.22, I had no energy and spent much of the time laying on the couch. I am now having a problem with insomnia and wonder if this could be caused by the increase in my Syn. It's like I have almost too much energy (if there is such a thing) and just can't seem to wind down and get to sleep. I sometimes don't go to bed til 1:00 or 2:00 am and then will still toss and turn. Luckily I'm retired so don't have to get up early. I'm due for another check on my thyroid levels in the next few weeks and want to be sure they check the right thing. The last time I posted my results and someone said they checked the wrong thing. Besides TSH, do I need to ask for a free T3 and T4 or what? Also notice an increase in the number of bowel movements and although I'm definitely not complaining, think that comes with the change in meds. How about it? Hope everyone had a good Christmas and the New Year will bring relief to those who need it. I feel like a new person. Almost scary!!!!!