View Single Post
Old 01-04-2008, 06:13 PM   #1
(female)

Taja7 HB User
Blood dissorder related to anorexia?

Hi ya'all,
I am new to these boards, and this is my first post. I have browsed these many posts so far back looking for any relation to these two topics. I am a 35 year old pretty healthy female.

I have recently been sent to a hematologist for low white blood count (which has been off and on low for about 2 years). They just did the first consultation with many tubes of blood drawn for testing of major blood dissorders, I am told that depending on how they come back that my next step is a BMB. I am very afraid, but I am also convinced from my own research that the reason for my low white count may be from my other issues and not a blood dissorder....
you see I am a recovering anorexic...I am about 15 months into recovery, however I have been struggling hard with it for at least 2-3 years. I have put on enough weight over the last 12 months that I now appear to be of normal weight, but I still struggle regularly with restriction, sometimes for weeks at a time. I have told the hematologist my history and he doesn't act as if it is a issue. He said diet and nutrition can play a role, but I am not sure that he has experience with that. I have read that anorexia can cause low white blood count. I appear to look of healthy weight and have no other symptoms, and I feel healthy, but sometimes I cannot have healthy relationships with food. Has anybody else had an experience with this. I am afraid the hematologist is jumping the gun.
Taja
[/FONT]

Last edited by Taja7; 01-04-2008 at 06:15 PM. Reason: wrong age