View Single Post
Old 01-09-2008, 08:04 PM   #5
Facilitator
(female)

Seraph HB UserSeraph HB UserSeraph HB UserSeraph HB UserSeraph HB UserSeraph HB UserSeraph HB UserSeraph HB UserSeraph HB UserSeraph HB UserSeraph HB User
Re: Very exhausted and just need some opinions.

I love that joke. Men just do not realise what is involved in being a SAHM. I have a friend who took off for a week to leave him to get on with it at home, unfortunately when she got home, he said "I don't know what you are on about". When she probed this comment, she found that he had used all her stores of food (What, shopping, I never had to go shopping), had gone through all her laundered stuff (Plenty of clothes for us), and had coped with cleaning by having the kids play outside all day (A fine spring week, what luck). Oh, well, back to the drawing board for another plan.....! Seriously tho, I really resent the fact that the wife's job is never considered the 'real' work, whether it is in the home or outside. Also that when dad has the kids, it is referred to as 'minding' rather than 'parenting', and seen as something apart from his real life. Grrr!! Sera