View Single Post
Old 01-23-2008, 11:04 AM   #28
(female)

Aleta145 HB User
Re: Desertbloom - Your Sleep Problems

Hi DB,

I also have trouble breathing at night, due to having a deviated septum, so I use the nasal strips. I don't care if I DO look like a football player, it makes a HUGE difference for me! I use the ones for sensitive skin, which are a little easier to peel off. I started wearing them after complaining about the dark circles under my eyes to an aesthetician who was giving me a facial. I always have dark circles, even when I sleep well! She said it was because my sinuses weren't working properly. That's when the light bulb went off in my head. It is such a relief, to be able to breathe through both nostrils. I wish I could wear one all day!

My husband, who has chronic sinus headaches, does Jala Neti every evening on the advice of his ENT. The doctor calls it "nasal irrigation".

I don't wear an eye mask to bed because our bedroom is quite dark but I do wear ear plugs and they also help. So does my husband, because we both snore. Well, since I started wearing the nasal strips, I don't know if I still snore, but we're both used to wearing them now and believe we sleep more soundly (or should that be soundLESSly). BTW, we can still hear the smoke alarm quite well. That's something we were concerned about at first, but believe me, the alarm gets right through to our eardrums!