View Single Post
Old 02-05-2008, 07:30 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

rayefaye HB User
Re: Needling,burning,cramping pain in neck & throat under ear worse when move arm

Hi vital, you could be suffering from what is called Spasmodic dysphonia/Laryngeal dsytonia. This type of dystonia which is muscle spasms and it effects the larynx. Do you have any problems with you voice, like your sound is broken or reduced to whispering? There is also another type of dystonia known as Oromandibular dystonia which affects the muscles of the jaws and tongue. It causes distortions of the mouth and tongue. I suffer from Cervical dystonia which is severe and uncontrolabe muscles spasms of the neck. I can't lift nothing heavy or reach over my head and do anything because it will bring on these severe muscle spasms. Check out and see what you can find on these two types of dystonia and see if you have any the systoms associated with them. Also, have you been checked out by a neurologist if not, then maybe you should see one. I also think that the burning sensation you're having is nerve related as well. I hope you can find some answers soon and someone who can help you.