View Single Post
Old 02-05-2008, 08:40 PM   #5
(female)

vital33 HB User
Re: Needling,burning,cramping pain in neck & throat under ear worse when move arm

Quote:
Do you have any problems with you voice, like your sound is broken or reduced to whispering?
Yes this happens. I had been on clonazepam for 13 years & all the time spasms neck, throat, face, jaw R side... and did avery slow taper c/o to Valium and down but couldn't come off because of the severity of the spasms & burning in my throat/neck/face/jaws & others

. But the sides of and neck particularly strong. Also intense"being burnt alive" type pain in osophagus and lower sphincter. The last 4 months or so I have been on 10 mg Valium, 40mg Nexium, 30mg Remeron and 75mg Lyrica. I have never been on so many meds in my life and am not at all certain Im on the meds to address this problem. How is it usually treated? Do you know? Thanks so much for taking the time to reply.

Quote:
There is also another type of dystonia known as Oromandibular dystonia which affects the muscles of the jaws and tongue.It causes distortions of the mouth and tongue.
Yes, I have oro-mandibular problems and the muscles of my jaws esp right but left going also are affected. Im concerned because it seems to be progressive...like a neuropathy. I can see the spasming in my soft palate and a scarred area there (getting larger over the years). Now its started on left side ofpalate. I have been feeling needling and burning in the sides at the back of my tongue (both sides). Im concerned that this is neuropathic and progressive and may lead to ALS.

Quote:
I suffer from Cervical dystonia which is severe and uncontrolabe muscles spasms of the neck. I can't lift nothing heavy or reach over my head and do anything because it will bring on these severe muscle spasms.
What do you take for this? How is it treated?

Check out and see what you can find on these two types of dystonia and see if you have any the systoms associated with them. Also, have you been checked out by a neurologist if not, then maybe you should see one. I also think that the burning sensation you're having is nerve related as well. I hope you can find some answers soon and someone who can help you.[/QUOTE]