View Single Post
Old 02-19-2008, 09:06 PM   #1
(female)

Brandy Lee HB User
Exclamation Lump behind my nipple...and I'm worried!

Hi. I've been having a dull ache in my right breast for about 3 weeks now. I'm due for a check-up anyway, so I made an appointment; it's for tomorrow. In the meantime (yesterday), I happened to undress in front of the mirror, and as I took off my bra, I immediately noticed a very slight change to my right nipple. It's very subtle, but it's just enough that it made me look really closely. As I touched the area, I (again immediately) felt a lump. The area of the lump is sore -- only when I touch it. The dull ache has not gone away; it comes and goes throughout my entire breast, and it wakes me up several times at night.

My appointment is tomorrow, but I know I probably won't get any definitive answers. I'll have to wait for an appointment with a breast doctor etc. etc. etc....

I should say that I had a total hysterectomy 11 years ago (at 28), and I'm on straight estrogen for HRT. I don't know whether that makes any difference, but....

If anyone has any suggestions etc., I'd appreciate it a lot. How aggressive should I be if the doctor says it's just an infection or something (which it may in fact be)?

Thanks in advance!