Thread: Hello all
View Single Post
Old 02-24-2008, 12:50 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

kyma3 HB User
Re: Hello all

KKMOM2-I just wanted to let you know that I am fairly new to this board but I lurked a long time so I do remember your posts from last year. I am so glad you are feeling better and it sounds like your life is getting on track. You will be in my prayers and well wishes.

Just to give you a short version of me: I had the Anterior Lumbar Interbody Fusion (ALFI) on 1/29/08 and I was suppose to be finished up on 2/12/08 with the Posterior Lumbar Interbody Fusion (PLIF) but I came down with an infection around my abdominal incision and it is being treated with antibiotics for 3 weeks.

I have been getting terrible spasms in my lower back and down my legs and nothing seems to help it. I have sit all day with a heating back behind me. I put my surgery off a long time. I was seeing my doctor for 2 neck surgeries, 1 elbow surgery and now the lower back. I also need to get an elbow surgery and surgery for carpal tunnel. He wanted to do the carpal tunnel and the elbow surgery first but my back had gotten so bad I could hardly stand for any length of time.

It has been nice talking with you.

Linda