View Single Post
Old 03-06-2008, 10:15 AM   #1
(female)

birdleggs15 HB User
Post Parathyroid /High Calcium levels- anyone suffering with this

I was diagnosed 4 years ago with high calcium and ostepenia due to the above. Every bone in my body ached, I was extremely lethargic, depressed, developed kidney problems ( the calcium was being drawn from my bones and being put into my kidneys), severe constipation, constant UTI's etc. I was not permitted to use calcium. My area docs would not perform surgery as they said it was not the required protical. I researched and took matters into my own hands, as I could no longer function properly and did not want to develope severe osteoporosis or kidney failure. I went to Jefferson University, a teaching hospital which is know for it's endocrine surgery. I met with my new Endo and Endo Surgeon. I had surgery performed, 1 yr. ago, within a 1" incision, to remove a nodule the size of a walnut. I came home the same day. I was able to eat after surgery, had minimal soreness and within one week, I noticed the changes to my body. My calcium was back to normal. If anyone is fearing this surgery, or is experiencing these problems, please don't be afraid. It has saved my life, and all my physical problems are gone. I know take 2 calcium pills a day. I feel like my old self.

The Following User Says Thank You to birdleggs15 For This Useful Post:
para54 (03-08-2012)