Thread: Enlarged Heart
View Single Post
Old 03-09-2008, 06:22 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(male)

Machaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB User
Re: Enlarged Heart

Quote:
Originally Posted by hrschk View Post
Does anyone have it?
I've had an enlarged heart for over 20 years.

Quote:
What are the symptoms?
Major symptoms of an enlarged heart (also known as heart failure), include difficulty breathing, fatigue, heart not beating properly, over-sweating, chest pains, fainting, among others.

Quote:
If I lay on my left side and put my hand on my left side-I can actually feel my heart beat/bulge while beating against my hand! Is this normal?
Mine does the same thing. I've always thought of it as normal. I've never considered it caused by my enlarged heart. I've just found it an easy way to check to see how well my heart was beating.

Quote:
I am thin - 5'3" and 120 lbs. I think my anxiety level is getting the best of me! How do you deal with these fears? The symptoms? Help!!!!
Have you been diagnosed with an enlarged heart? Do you have any of the symptoms of an enlarged heart? What kind of medications do you take for it?

I've found that the more I understand about heart failure and the more positive steps I take to deal with my heart disease, the less anxiety and stress. For instance, I am on a very healthy, balanced diet. I exercise quite a bit during the day. I don't smoke or take drugs, or drink alcohol. I try to get the best results from my medications. We keep our home very clean and healthy.

Also.... Breathing deeply and slowly in, and then letting the air out slowly and fully, helps me to relax and also lessens my breathing problems.

Take care......

⇒ Avoid allergic & non-allergic irritants/triggers
⇒ Low calorie ovo-vegetarian diet
⇒ Power walk, weight lifts, pushups
⇒ Coreg 25mg bid