View Single Post
Old 04-02-2008, 08:41 AM   #1
(female)

foreverangel143 HB User
Question Removal of Spinal Cord Stimulator.

HI Havent been here in awhile. My question is has anyone every had their spinal cord Stimulator removed? Mine stopped working 5 months ago and they said it must be a lead. I had to wait 5 months to get it approved by WC and in that time I weighted the pros and cons of having it remove. This is the second time the leads have come loose. While I was waiting to get approve had to make the descision wheather to fix it or take it out. Well as you see I have decided to take it out. When I had the trial it seemed to work well it covered my whole hand and wrist where the pain was. When I had it permanetly put in with a laminatony for the lead paddle it seem to only cover the inner side of my hand, wrist and most of my pain was on the outer side, well in the operation i was woken up and I told them repeatedly that it was not covering the whole area. When I awoke in recovery the stimulator would not work at all. They discovered that the lead broke away from the battery pack. (more surgery) The stimulator never did its job properly, ex: if I tured my neck to the right the stimulator would completely turn off. I told the dr several times and he said he would not touch it fearing I would lose it all. So when it stop working all together I decided to take it out. I just want to know if anyone here has had their spinal cord stimulator removed and what should I expect. Thanks for all the information you can give me.
Anne Marie

The following user gives a hug of support to foreverangel143:
Palominodancer (12-10-2011)