View Single Post
Old 04-02-2008, 09:17 AM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

JenW67 HB User
March Moms - Apri: Post Partum month 1

Hi all,

I was just rading the end of the March post and was about to reply when I realized that it is April. So, here is a new thread.

Things are going pretty well for us. Owen eats at 9:00 pm and then again at 2 or 3 so I count myself as lucky. It does take him and hour and a half or so from when he wakes up to when he goes back to sleep so I am up for a while but I know it could be much worse.

Physically, I have healed very quickly I am amazed at how much easier this birth was than with my first son. I am still dealing with the fac that myu hands are still completely numb and swollen. I had the baby two weeks ago on the 20th of March and I was hoping that the carpal tunnel would be one by now but no such luck.

The hardest thing for me now is keeping my spirits up. I have suffered from depression in the past so I am on it as far as calling a counselor and making sure I get naps when possible. Little things make me weepy though - like t.v. shows. Also, I miss the special time I used to have with my older son. I think from his standpoint, everything is fine as we do get time together. I am just trying to adjust to the change in the relationship.

So, I would like to hear from anyone else who is a little blue - not necessarily for solutions (though that would be great!) so much as comraderie.

Thanks,

Jen