View Single Post
Old 04-15-2008, 11:18 AM   #1
(female)

LilE1977 HB User
Smile Can someone tell me what my blood test numbers reveal?

I am a 31 year old female with addisons disease ( I also take florinef and cortef) as well as an ongoing fight with regulating my thyroid (I have no thyroid, I had a goiter and had it removed with radioactive iodine)

At one point I was on synthroid and HATED IT! I pretty much forced my doctor to put me on Armour and almost instantly I felt more energy,lost the excess weight I was carrying and was less *itchy and felt like myself for the first time in 3 years.

Today I am at a good place with how I FEEL yet after I had such a great visit with my doctor....telling me how great I looked,my heart rate was great,blood pressure perfect he then reviewed the blood work and told me that I had to lower my armour!!!

I use this example as what I feel like is happening. Lets say you suffer from migraines,BUT the way they test if you are suffering is with a blood test.....so here you are with a raging migraine and the blood tests say you don't have one! So, then you live with a untreated migraine for the rest of your life based on a blood test! That is how I feel I am being diagnosed.......I know my body and I feel good where I am,and it makes me anxious to even think of reducing my meds since I feel the best I have in years. Currently I take a total of 180 mg of Armour or 3 grains (2 in the morning and 1 in the afternoon). I have been on armour is a smaller dose for over 3 years but have been on this dose for about 7 months. I have NO symptoms of overdosing at all and here are my results from my last test which was in Jan. and soon to follow getting those results he told me he wanted me to cut that in half.......someone PLEASE tell me what I can do.......are my tests out of wack?

3t4-1.09
tsh 0.012
riiodothyronine free-.4

Thank you -
Elizabeth