View Single Post
Old 04-18-2008, 12:06 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

reachout HB Userreachout HB Userreachout HB Userreachout HB Userreachout HB Userreachout HB Userreachout HB Userreachout HB Userreachout HB Userreachout HB Userreachout HB User
Re: Husband with GBM Brain Cancer

Hello

I want to extend my sincerest caring thoughts to you on the loss of someone so special in your life and for the pain you have endured watching the devastation of this cancer.

Glioblastoma is such in so many ways a thief. I lost a very special friend, Mike, to this. The very first symptom that this had invaded his brain was during an evening out with his wife when she watched him sit and chat with her while all the time his arm was laying squarely in the middle of his food on the dinnerplate and he was totally unaware of it. They left the restaurant and came to our house. We had all been friends for many years and our children grew up together. The guys yakked it up in one room while the wife and I cried in another. We cried because it was pretty evident that something pretty drastic was happening in Mike's brain. The doctor's visit and diagnosis came in quickly... glioblastoma. As with your husband, it was a quick battle of just months. He, too, has gone home now. Time has passed and sweet and fun memories of Mike have taken over the dark thoughts now.

The patient and the caregivers share in the pain of cancer equally. I know because I have walked both sides of this fence. There is a journey of healing waiting for you, the caregiver, now. It will be hard at times, but there is a place of peace waiting for you. It will be a different place of peace than your husband's, but it is a place of peace. May God wrap His arms around you and your children as you walk together to get there.

With caring
reach