Thread: Confused
View Single Post
Old 04-27-2008, 05:28 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

mkgbrook HB Usermkgbrook HB Usermkgbrook HB Usermkgbrook HB Usermkgbrook HB Usermkgbrook HB Usermkgbrook HB Usermkgbrook HB Usermkgbrook HB Usermkgbrook HB Usermkgbrook HB User
Re: Confused

Are they checking just your TSH or are they looking at your FT3 and Ft4 as well? Have they tested you for Hashimoto's thyroiditis? Something is not right. You can not put your faith in your MD alone. They make mistakes and most are to busy to do the leg work and keep up with the most recent thyroid rules and regulations.

SO if you do not have a copy of your blood work, get it. Also if they have only run Total Ts and a TSH or just a TSH and T4 you need to look at your T3 levels. You may have levels in the pits. And your T4 is just fine. This could be indicative of Cushings or hyperadrenalism or just poor conversion of T4 to reverse T3.. the inactive T3 component. Something is up and it is time to figure out why and possibly go MD shopping.

I have had to do my own diagnosing and treatment fight recently. I have begun to compile a thread for all that are facing this issue. Check out this thread. I think some of the information may be helpful in your continuing quest for optimal thyroid care.
[url]http://www.healthboards.com/boards/showthread.php?t=597479[/url]

MG

Last edited by mkgbrook; 04-27-2008 at 05:32 AM.