View Single Post
Old 05-07-2008, 10:56 PM   #3
Facilitator
(female)

MountainReader HB UserMountainReader HB UserMountainReader HB UserMountainReader HB UserMountainReader HB UserMountainReader HB UserMountainReader HB UserMountainReader HB UserMountainReader HB UserMountainReader HB UserMountainReader HB User
Re: Feelbad, Chest/Rib pain

It really does take a long time for the inflamation to go down. I just plan on icing my shoulder at least once a day. My shoulder continues to "cramp" up with some movements and at random times for no apparent reason. When this happens, it takes a while to loosen up. My PT and doc both said I should continue with the ice for the forseeable future. I have also been using one of those cloth covered tubes of rice that you stick in the microwave and heat up. The heat helps loosen the muscles sometimes. Kind of like what they use at PT. May be a combination of physical and mental, but if I helps, I will continue to use it.

I have been having alot of popping in my shoulder. It is especially bad on my movements out to the side. During PT, the jobes out to the side not only hurt some, but my shoulder pops every time I move my arm down. My PT said it was normal because of the inflamation that is still there.

I am on a completely different healing schedule than both of you, but I can tell you there is hope as the decompression heals. I get the feeling from my Orthopedic Surgeon and my PT doc that I am a bit ahead of schedule in my healing. Already, my shoulder is in less pain than it was last fall when I was in serious pain (or for the last 15 months for that matter). The last several days I have had alot of intense aching, but that is more from use. I am not getting as much of the intense shooting pain. This week I started having much more range of movement. I met a huge milestone in my healing, got all excited at PT over such a little thing. I was able to get my hand behind my back for the first time in many months. Granted, I can't get it very high yet, but I know it is coming. It will be a day to celebrate when I can fasten a bra strap in back. (One of those little things you take for granted until you can't do it.) I am also lifting 2-3 lb weights for many of my exercises. I couldn't even lift 1 last month. My biggest danger now is just overdoing it. They did say I couldn't really hurt it though, just make it hurt.

I really do with you both well as you go through your healing processes.