View Single Post
Old 05-09-2008, 05:25 AM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

sammyo1 HB Usersammyo1 HB Usersammyo1 HB Usersammyo1 HB Usersammyo1 HB Usersammyo1 HB User
Re: Feelbad, Chest/Rib pain

Montain, When was your surgery? Listen I had mine Jan,31, helped to lift a genteman the other day, my shoulder is now killing me, so take it from me be careful.It hurts to move it at all. Really hurts. There is triple the pain now. When I was in pt my shoulder started to click or alittle pop at times, this pt said that is not good. Said I was probably over doing it & she was right. Icing always helped along with rest. I had more pain free ROM after surgery to, but I still can't lift my arm painfree over my head or put it behind me but my recovery is halted due to the other problems.

Marcia, my gosh you don't have a dog, you have a horse. Did it come with a saddle? He will definantly out with you in a few months, you better get those bumpers.
My surgeon will not be in til monday, I dropped off the cd from the MRI.
Had my first osteo appointment. Very interesting. Learned alot. She said my pelvic and hip area are a mess & there is facsia that run from there up through the ribs & the back area. Interesting she is saying they will rule out areas as they go along. Made me realize that it could be coming from an entire different area then where all the actual pain is. Now she also mentioned your Lidoderm patches, which I told her I tried, now she has prescribed a compound cream to try with the lidoderm in it, she said she can requests it different strengths if it gives me any relief.
I thought of you right away. Every heard of anything like that? I will get it filled today & give it a try. I wrote down the name of the compound if you want it. Super nice doc. She would not go to near the ribs, said I am to sensitive & did not want to trigger it off. But did say it is all super tight in there & the hip area.
I have screwed up the shoulder. Bad, right in that back scapula, feels like right after surgery, woke up in tears. My husband seems to think it may be in one of the areas he worked on & asked me what the heck was I thinking! I am going to be icing like crazy.

I am having additional help come in at work, thank god. I will try to only kind of supervise & mostly from home. I just can't get a break, suppose to be back off work til june. Can't just leave people to get hurt or sick. Dang every time I am off work one of them go down hill. Just don't get it. I have told them to allow the extra help in for know, that I have to heal. Get this had a nurse come in & she messed up the meds for one & could not find a med that was right in front of her face, not kidding. No wonder they want me there. My clients glucose is out of control, stopped taking care of himself because I was not there. So have to start all over again, goes from 400 down to 40. That is an example of why I can't stay put. Got some help & getting more, but the guy only listens good to me. I don't get it. They have kind of adopted me & I have to be a bossy bit of baggage to get him to listen, but no more lifitng at all. I should have it kind of straightend out somewhat by the end of the week. Stressful, my sister inlaw said no wonder you can't heal, said she would not do my job for anything at all.
Man just hearing you describe what is going on makes me hurt. Don't let that chest area get bad. You experiance the same as I , where you can't get a deep breathe in because of something interferring with the ribs. For you its the kidney, for me thus far, its because the ribs are pushing upwards. Really is tough. Can get scary, can't it?
Be careful, watch that popping or clicking. The osteo doc. said no more heat just ice. I will ask her why. As we progress & I get to know abit more about the shape of my body I will mention the stellate(spelled wrong?) injection if nothing is improving. The hand is sweating again, I think its because of the arm being in pain & back in the sling more.
I am glad she is pointing out why I have pain in certain areas. She said the pelvis & hip are bad, that accounts for the hip pain & leg probably. They do not like meds, so I will need the surgeon to do that. She did say take a pain med if I need to before I come, which will be once a week so far, & to call if it gets out of control. This place takes months to get into but I really like the way she explains everything, uses alot of med. term, I told her I am going to have to get my MA books out & I wish I would have paid more attention to those chapters (ha). She said she does tend to forget alot of people don't understand what she is saying but I do at least somewhat, she said ask all the questions I want, that is new for a doctor. We will see how it goes.
I expained to her that my only worry was having to drive there, some days I am to darn sore. EVeryone works so cant always get a ride. My sisterinlaw came 30 minutes to take me there & for my MRI, gas is to high to ask her to do it on a regular basis (even though I pay her for gas)& she works out of her home.
I really feel stupid, can't believe I screwed with that shoulder. All the dang people standing there & I am by far the smallest & no one stepped forward to help him. No more, after experiancing this pain again, I am done. Even the pain med is not working well. I pray something shows in that MRI, I am getting to the point I can't stand not knowing what is going on. Talk to you soon, Sammy