View Single Post
Old 05-27-2008, 03:06 PM   #2
Veteran
(female)

life_is_good HB User
Re: Test negative, symptom positive, diagnosis brushed off.

You definitely have something autoimmune going on. First of all, you can't dismiss lupus, simply because your ANA was negative. There is such a thing as ANA negative lupus. That being said, many of your symptoms are synonymous with lupus, so you should ask to have an anti DS-DNA blood test run. It doesn't always show positive, but it is a good indicator. Second, your multiple miscarriages are screaming out for you to be tested for antiphospholipid antibody syndrome (APLS). That would be the Lupus Anticoagulant test(LA) and the anticardiolipin antibodies test (ACA). APLS does overlap symptoms with lupus. I happen to have both APLS and systemic lupus, so I'm speaking from personal experience.

I don't know what to tell you if you feel that you can't ask for more testing. Do you think they'd give you a hard time if you'd just want to ask for these three different bloodtests to be run? Worst case scenario...what if you had to pay for the these two tests out of pocket? At least you'd have your answer.

What's most important is that you'd finally have the proper diagnosis/medication so you can then move forward. What do you think?

Last edited by life_is_good; 05-27-2008 at 03:11 PM.