View Single Post
Old 05-28-2008, 09:56 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

Mel52 HB UserMel52 HB UserMel52 HB UserMel52 HB UserMel52 HB UserMel52 HB UserMel52 HB UserMel52 HB UserMel52 HB User
Re: Pancreatic cancer stage 4

K2626, I am sorry about your dad and sorry for you too having to deal with a loved one going through this. Pancreatic cancer is a rough one. My best friend of 41 years recently passed away one year after diagnosis. She did really well for months still working full time but something happened with her muscles enzymes and she couldn't move her legs anymore. The doctors had not seen this before so her situation became a case study. She went home after being in the hospital for 3 weeks but it was the beginning of a quick downward spiral. You do want your dad at a top hospital that specializes in this type of cancer. The doctors can hook your dad up with clinical trials and they have the highly skilled requirements if surgery is an option.The previous post recommended the John Hopkins Hospital. I still read the John Hopkins message board daily as there are some great people there with tons of information, support and survivors. Also contact Pan-Can. Get informed so you can help your dad and yourself.