View Single Post
Old 05-29-2008, 09:56 AM   #1
(female)

BlueBellJess HB User
Question Some help please?

Hi Everyone,

I'm very new to the site and I wanted to join to find out more about the problems I am having. I'm 23 years old and suffer from really bad and painful periods. It seems like each one keeps getting heavier and longer with large clots and really excruciating cramping that makes me feel sick, to almost the point of wanting to vomit. I have sometimes felt faint, dizzy, have had diareah(sp) being pale, loss of appetite and periods last up to around 8 or 9 days with it being heavy throughout.

At first I had an iron defficeincy but I had an iron injection a year back and its seemed to have levled. I have also had an ultrasound which confirms that I've got a 5cm by 3cm cyst on my left ovary. I have had two miscarriages at least two years ago now and my uterus is lopsided meaning it fronts forwards I think is what my doctor reckons. I'm wanting to know if anyone else around my age has had similar heavy periods? my breast swells when its happening and they haven't become normal since my last period which was two weeks ago. I haven't lost weight or put any on, I'm 97 kilo's and 5'8 in height and don't drink and don't smoke and try to keep healthy with good food.

I also have been having hot flushes where I sweat quite badly and they leave me feeling tired and wanting to go to sleep. I've had that in the last two or so periods, my periods are regular and last always the same amount of time and I know I'm not pregnant.

Any suggestions?

thanks guys in advance ^^
Jess

Last edited by BlueBellJess; 05-29-2008 at 10:11 AM.