Thread: it got worse,
View Single Post
Old 06-01-2008, 02:41 PM   #8
(female)

xpoppyx HB User
Smile Re: it got worse, but im getting there,

hi, id like to say things have been good since i last wrote,, but, i had two slip ups,, which i know isnt great, but for me is pretty amazing, 8 months ago i reached a point where i was cutting or injuring at least once a day!,, and it has been a tremendously hard and long journey to reach where i am today, and im realy chuffed with my progress so far, im not putting out the flags because i know ive still a way to go,

but i just wanted to share how far i feel ive come now to only si twice in a month, for me is a "massive" milestone,, and i just wanted to let anyone else know who feels things wont ever get better that it can and it will,,
slowly, and surely,,

it would have been impossible to have done this on my own, mainly because i refused to admit it was wrong,,(it still feels ok sometimes?), anyway, with amazing suport from my husband and weekly visits with a therapist i feel like im regaining control of the situation, mostly,

i feel so much more focused since the doctor halved my medication (which i had to persuade my therapist i was ready for),,apart from the side effects im relieved the urge to si hasnt returned as it was months ago, and when it does happen its not nearly as dangerous as it was,,

i havent any clever advice, it just took time ,, and patience, and heck of alot of support, i hope i can keep going forward now, and wish everyone all the best in reaching their own goals too,

best wishes xpoppyx

Last edited by xpoppyx; 06-01-2008 at 02:49 PM.