Thread: Is it rosacea?
View Single Post
Old 09-18-2003, 08:50 PM   #1

alwaystan HB User
Post Is it rosacea?

Okay, I have done a A LOT of research and I think I may have mild rosacea. I am going to the doctor next week but I have a feeling he may dismiss the idea quickly.

I am a 32 year old male and my face has always been fairly sensitive and I have always flushed easily. But in the last few years my face is ALWAYS red. After I wash in the morning my skin is blotchy for a few minutes then is okay for a few hours(still red). By lunch my face is getting oily and after I eat my face always gets redder(no matter what I eat). By the end of the day my face is very oily and very red. For the most part, it looks like I am mildly sunburned all of the time.

Well, this summer it seems even worse. When I am out in the sun I wear SPF50 and I am always very red for several days. It never used to be that bad. I thought I was being paranoid at first but then people started making comments about being sunburned. Also, my nose is always a little more red than the rest of my face. Alcohol always makes it worse too.

I have always thought it was related to my allergies but as I gave gotten older my allergies have gotten better and my face worse.

But, I do not have any blotchiness, blisters, or any other rosacea symptoms. I just always have a red face and it seems to be getting worse!

Could it be mild rosacea?