Thread: Need support
View Single Post
Old 06-16-2008, 07:23 AM   #1
(female)

Zoey123 HB User
Need support

This is the first time I have posted to this board. I was diagnosed with PN about a year and a half ago, have had many tests and the doctors can find no reason why I have it. It started out when I was going to PT for plantar faciaitis in my left heel. After to bouts of PT my arches started burning and throughout the next year and a half the burning and pain have progressed through out my feet calves, elbows, wrist and even my face at times. My feet hurt so bad there are days I can barely walk. The neurologist says by my test I shouldn't be in so much pain. I have tried many of the meds out there for neuropathy and only felt worse taking them. My eyes started burning 4 months ago when I tried the Lyrica and haven't stopped burning even though I stopped taking the Lyrica 2 months ago. My mouth burns also. I have been going to a pain clinic now and am on Vicodin 3 times a day and also take Alprazolam twice a day as needed. I am going to Mayo Clinic next month for more test since I am not impressed with the doctor I am seeing now even though I went to Mayo a year ago. I am at a lost as to what to do. I can't sleep well without a sleeping pill. I guess I just needed to vent and get some support because I am so tired of the pain. I just don't know where to turn or what to do.