View Single Post
Old 06-22-2008, 08:26 PM   #3
(female)

Ronor26 HB User
Re: Post partum depression/extreme baby blues?

Hi Jen,
I can relate. I gave birth to my son May 10th and I have both PP depression, which is pretty much gone and OCD. I had OCD before I got pregnant, and was on antideppressants for this for the past 15 years. I was on 300 mg of Luvox before I got pregnant, and dropped down to 50 mg while pregnant. I had no anxiety or OCD thoughts while pregnant, but after I brought him home BAM...it hit me like a ton of bricks.

My son was in the special care nursery as he was 5 weeks premature, and I had no baby blues, PP depression or OCD thoughts while he was there...it wasnt until I brought him home 10 days later, it started. I would cry non stop, couldn't eat, all I wanted to do was sleep...and with my OCD I had really bad intrusive thoughts towards my son....this is what hurt me the most!!! I immediatley made an appt with my psychologists and have been seeing her ever since. Needless to say I'm back at 300 mgs of my luvox and starting to feel better. It takes a while for these anti-depressants to kick in...and although I still feel anxious and have some thoughts, I know I'm on the right track to getting better. What symptoms do you have to think you may have baby blues or PP depression??? Things will get better, just hang in there. Take your meds, make sure you have a support team, your family, friends etc and just know there is light at the end of the tunnel.

I had my mom stay with me for 2 weeks, and my aunt still comes over every weekday morning to stay with me and let me rest!! you need all the rest you can get....so you should try and relax or even nap when you have a chance....Please let me know how you are doing....I would love to hear from you!! Take care....HUGGS
Robyn