View Single Post
Old 06-24-2008, 08:41 AM   #1
(female)

greenfairy84 HB User
cervical dysplasia: Cryosurgery vs. laser ablation?

Hello, I recently was diagnosed with cervical dysplasia from HPV. I don't know what strain or level of dysplasia I have. So my Dr. scheduled an appt for Cryosurgery on 6/27/08. when I went in for the biopsy I was told that there was a very small faint area that was abnormal. I've reading online the side effects of this procedure and the other options avail. I'm not sure if my dr. does the laser ablation (maybe due to cost) but read that it is the most effective procedure to remove any bad cells and less cervical scarring, also if I have a reocurrance it will be easier to treat 2nd time around. If My Dr. does not offer the laser ablation should I maybe ask for a Dr that does or try to find one? I'm only 23yrs old and to have this so earily is very scary and depressing. I worry that it could reocure and I would regret not having gotten the best treatment avail in the 1st place. Does anyone know if I would be able to recieve the laser ablation through another Dr. than the one treating me without going through the whole process of testing again? I have very good health Ins. but do not know if i would be covered to have to re do all over again within 6 wks.