View Single Post
Old 02-18-2003, 05:10 PM   #1

cameragrrl HB User
Smile ortho/mino/differin is doing some magic!

I've been reading the postings for a few days and decided I needed to share what seems to be working for me...
First of all, I think Proactive sucks. I followed the regimen religiously for about a year, and I think it made my face worse. I went from having light acne to what I would call... gross. : )
Anyway, I went on Ortho tri cyclen because I needed BC and because I thought it would help my face. My derm also put me on 200mg of minocycline a day, and differin cream once a day. I have to tell you, I think its working great! I'm just about to start my 5th month of ortho, and I've been using the mino/differin combo for 4 weeks now. I don't know exactly what to point to, but the combination seems to be doing the trick. I haven't had any new huge breakouts for about a week, and my scars are on their way to being healed.
I just wanted to let everyone know how my experience is going. Again, I can't pick one thing out and say IT is what's working, but the combination is working wonders.
If anyone has been on a similar regimen let me know, and I will for sure keep this updated on my progress.