Thank you again for all the good wishes. Still feeling good if a little exhausted
Yes Teganowl (sp), I had to get through a couple of docs who did the wait and see approach, don't get in car wrecks, don't work out, don't twist too suddenly, don't fall, the surgery would be elective, etc. and then I went to a liver surgeon at our research hospital who said the surgery was still up to me, but told me because I was young, the hemangioma would continue to grow and the surgery could get more complicated if I waited. Still my decision, but he was on my side unlike the other docs who didn't seem to mind if I lived worried about a rupture. And in pain and worried about pregnancy.
As for the laporoscopic -- my hemangioma was located on the edge of my left lobe and when they took it they took 10 percent of my liver with it. They were careful to leave as much of the liver as possible and minimal blood loss as possible -- 8-hours -- and a whole team of doctors worked on me -- I am told -- to remove piece by piece
But yeah, I had to look to find a doctor who was willing, because everyone else said just wait a few years. How y'all doin?
p.s. and because of the nature of the hemangioma and all of the risks liver tumors cause to our health according to this liver surgeon it was no longer elective (in his book) -- it's not like it's plastic surgery