View Single Post
Old 07-08-2008, 07:11 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

Kszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB User
Re: He can't deal with my cats...

I'm going to tell you something that I've learned and realized over the years. I have 2 cats. 15 years old and 13 years old. Over the course of the time I've owned those cats, I've had 5 long term relationships. FIVE. And guess what? In each case, the guy is nowhere to be found, and yet my cats are still by my side. Why? Because pets are the one thing in life that will give you truly unconditional love and will NEVER cheat on you. You can never say that about another human being, ever. Because people lie, they cheat, they let you down, they stop loving you for stupid reasons, etc. But pets? They will be there for you until the day they can no longer lift their head, and even then they will try to carry on as usual because they care more about your feelings than their own.

THAT is why I would personally get rid of the guy and keep the cats and realize how lucky I am to have 2 awesome animals who will always stand by me no matter what happens in my life.

I'm telling you right now, boyfriends come and go, they always do. They can't be trusted. But your pets will truly give you unconditional love and support and they won't ever hurt you the way a stupid boyfriend can and will.