View Single Post
Old 07-17-2008, 11:10 PM   #1
(male)

clownfish1485 HB User
Sleep Paralysis Advice

Hi all,

I'm 22 and for as long as I can remember, I have had sleep paralysis. It has never been frequent, only a few times every 1-2 months. I should also mention that I sleep on my stomach and am not on any medications. I get around 7-9 hours of sleep a night, but do typically stay up later than most.

I have never had a hallucination during the paralysis. I can see all around me but can't move my limbs or anything below my neck, so, to wake up I have to struggle to lift my head up. I've noticed that when my fiance and I are laying and watching tv or a movie and I doze off (on my back), I have had sleep paralysis almost each time. She's become accustomed to seeing me twitch and waking me up. Today when we were watching tv, I had paralysis twice. The second time I tried to relax during it but panicked when I felt like I couldn't breathe. I've NEVER felt that way before. I don't remember waking up short of breath, though. So was this just a hallucination, or can you really stop breathing during sleep paralysis? Also, does it have any correlation to sleeping on your back?

Thanks in advance!