View Single Post
Old 07-20-2008, 12:21 PM   #4
(female)

bethlee HB User
Re: Pituitary Tumor?

I just wanted to share with you what I have been going thru and found out. I was diagnosed with MS 15 yrs ago . Last year I had a major attack where I had severe muscle spasms, so bad that I couldn't walk . They got so severe that I was hospitalized twice. I had severe headaches, nausea and vomiting, vision problems, weakness, fatigue, cloudy head, brain fog. Everyone thought it was MS . Then I got my own reports to visit yet another doctor and found out I had empty Sella. From there I saw an endocrinologist who did a test for human growth hormone along with everything else. What we found was my IGF-1 ( human growth hormone) was over 200. I then found out thru searching the net that my years of having breast 'milk' was all due to having a tumor in the sella, which is a pituitary tumor. It causes empty sella as the tumor smashes the pituitary as it grows, thus diminishing your hormone levels. You should make an appointment with an ENDOCRINOLOGIST!!! You need all your levels checked! You will only have an elevated IGF if tumor is present. It is normally benign, not cancer but it has to be removed!! It causes headaches, fatigue, high blood pressure, brain fog, high prolactin, breast discharge, low thyroid, and fluctuating hormones across the board!!! I am now searching for somewhere to get surgery. That's why I am searching the boards to see if anyone else has had the surgery or where they went. Oh, and I also have osteoarthritis. Good luck ! But get an appointment with a good endo guy now and make sure they check your IGF-1 right away!