View Single Post
Old 07-21-2008, 12:05 AM   #5
(female)

dh4512 HB User
Re: Looking for surgeon to remove Pituitary Tumor

Bethlee, Good for you, keep researching. May I ask who the Dr was that answered your email? I assume that you meant that you looked at UCLA all day online not in person. I had my surgery there and it is a good place, the current US News and World Report just named them 7th in the top hospitals in the country for neurology and neurosurgery. UCSF was #4, the rest on the east coast. You have access to excellent pitiutary or other brain surgery here in CA., so close to you. If you chose to visit or use them I can give you info on where to stay, etc. Dr. Daniel F Kelly is just across the freeway in Santa Monica. Both are close. Something I liked about Dr Kelly was that he had stats of his surgeries, how many a year, total, the outcomes, etc. No guessing. Be sure and ask a Dr that. Something I just thought of, a brand new hospital building was preparing to open when I was there, not sure if it has yet so maybe some of my location information (hotel, best entrance, etc) would be old. Have to see. Keep going and be armed with lots of info. Diana