View Single Post
Old 07-23-2008, 11:27 AM   #3
(female)

justjude1952 HB User
Exclamation Re: Sleep Paralysis Advice

Quote:
Originally Posted by drs View Post
Clownfish, I used to get this a lot too. Here's what I found that works. If you are aware of when this is happening, which it's sounds like you are, wiggle your fingers or toes, it does help wake you up. The pressure on your chest is your astrical body trying to get back into your physical body.

A couple of times when I was aware of this happening I did an experiment, I knew this was going on again, I shut my eyes, got up out of bed in my head and walked through a door into the other room, how weird is that! I also went on a flying trip as this is my favorite type of dream. When I wanted to wake up I wiggle my toes or fingers, it does wake me up and those are the only parts of my body I could move when this happens. Hope it works for you. Diana
I just can't believe this! I have suffered from this issue since I was a little girl! I thought I was the only one. The way I get out of this state is to calmly tell myself that it's just a dream, I'm ok and wait...it doesn't take long for the spell to end after that. The real key here is to keep calm. Hope this helps you. I know it can be a terrible feeling. Jude